Originally posted on TVLine:
The reality series — which averaged a potent 3.2 million viewers during its rookie season — was midway through production of Season 2 when the plug was pulled.
Gandee died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning last week while off-roading in West Virginia.
“We love the cast and the show and this was not an easy decision, but given Shain’s tragic passing and essential presence on the show, we felt it was not appropriate to continue without him,” MTV noted in a statement.
On Sunday, MTV will air Buckwild: WV to the NYC, “which was shot before production had begun on Season 2. With the support of his parents, Dale and Loretta Gandee, we will run the tribute following a day of programming dedicated to Shain in which we will air the…
View original 24 more words